More than 51,000 expatriates have so far decided to take advantage of the exit scheme announced by the Ministry of Labour (MoL).
Speaking to Muscat Daily, an official at MoL said, “The ministry has received 51,187 applications from expatriates who wish to leave the country for good without paying any fines or fees, since the beginning of online registration on November 26, 2020.”
He explained that out of the 51,187 applications, 48,657 are related to work visa, 1,038 visit visas, 749 infiltrators, 737 visas to join relatives, 302 family visas, 91 tourist visas, nine express visas and four study visas.
The special amnesty programme announced by the government for expatriates has been extended until August 31.
The scheme first announced on November 15 last year was to end on December 31. It was extended to March 31 this year and further extended to June 30 later, the ministry official said.
© 2021 Apex Press and Publishing. All Rights Reserved.