The Ministry of Health (MoH) on Wednesday confirmed 255 new cases of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), taking the total number of cases to 8,373.
Among the newly diagnosed cases, 166 are Omanis and 89 expatriates.
The overall number of recoveries in Oman rose from 2,067 on Tuesday to 2,177 on Wednesday while the death toll stood at 39, an MoH statement said.
Wusta Governorate, which was left untouched by the coronavirus till last week, now has 17 cases, 15 of them reported on Wednesday. The number of new cases seemed to stabilise in Muttrah, with only 21 reported on Wednesday, while Bausher and Seeb recorded 52 and 47 cases respectively.
MoH calls upon all to adhere to the isolation procedures by staying in an isolated room with an attached toilet and serving the isolated person from outside the room as instructed. It said that social distancing also helps curb the spread of the virus.
MoH advises all citizens and residents to keep on washing hands with water and soap, avoiding touching the face, nose, mouth, and eyes and following healthy habits when coughing and sneezing.