The Ministry of Health (MoH) on Thursday confirmed 322 new cases of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), bringing the total to 4,341, including 17 deaths. The number of cases reported on Thursday is the highest daily count so far.
Among the newly diagnosed cases include 80 Omanis and 242 expatiates, MoH said. The overall number of recoveries in Oman rose from 1,289 on Wednesday to 1,303 on Thursday.
H E Dr Ahmed bin Mohammed al Sa’eedi, Minister of Health, said on Thursday that a total of 96 people are in hospitals, including 31 in intensive care units. The total number of tests done is 61,000. The death rate in the Sultanate is low, he said.
MoH calls upon all to adhere to the isolation procedures by staying in an isolated room with an attached toilet and serving the isolated person from outside the room as instructed. It said that social distancing also helps curb the spread of the virus.
MoH advises all citizens and residents to keep on washing hands with water and soap, avoiding touching the face, nose, mouth, and eyes and following the healthy habits when coughing and sneezing.