The Ministry of Health (MoH) announced the registration of 69 new confirmed cases of coronavirus (COVID-19) on Monday. A good number of new recoveries were also recorded.
Of the new cases, 37 are Omani nationals and 32 non-Omanis. The total number of COVID-19 cases registered in the sultanate so far has reached 2,637, including 12 deaths.
The number of recoveries on Monday rose by 66. With this, the number of COVID-19 recoveries jumped from 750 to 816, MoH stated.
Of the 69 new cases, 44 were recorded from Muscat and 29 from Muttrah. The wilayat continues to be the hotspot of COVID-19 infections in the sultanate with total 1462 cases.
MoH calls upon all to adhere to the isolation procedures by staying in an isolated room with an attached toilet and serving the isolated person from outside the room as instructed. It said that social distancing also helps curb the spread of the virus.
Dr Ahmed bin Mohammed al Saeedi, Minister of Health, reaffirmed the need for social distancing. “In one occasion, a commercial establishment has caused infection of about 108 people and this was because people were not following social distancing,” he said.
MoH also advises all citizens and residents to keep on washing hands with water and soap, avoiding touching the face, nose, mouth, and eyes and following healthy habits when coughing and sneezing.
© 2021 Apex Press and Publishing. All Rights Reserved.