The Ministry of Health (MoH) announced the registration of 85 new confirmed cases of coronavirus (COVID-19) on Sunday. Of the new cases, 25 are Omani nationals and 64 non-Omanis. The total number of COVID-19 cases registered in the sultanate so far has reached 2,568.
The total number of deaths is 12. On Saturday, MoH announced the 12 death of a 60 year old resident with COVID-19. ‘An expatriate died of COVID-19 in the country bringing the total of deaths to 12,’ MoH said.
The the number of recoveries remained at 750, same as on Saturday. ‘The number of COVID-19 recoveries are 750,’ MoH stated.
Dr Ahmed bin Mohammed al Saeedi, Minister of Health reaffirmed that everyone is vulnerable to COVID-19 infection. “It is not confined to the elderly alone but rather everyone. Seven deaths from the virus in Oman were among people under the age of 60,” he said.
MoH calls upon all to adhere to the isolation procedures by staying in an isolated room with an attached toilet and serving the isolated person from outside the room as instructed. It said that social distancing also helps curb the spread of the virus.
It also advises all citizens and residents to keep on washing hands with water and soap, avoiding touching the face, nose, mouth, and eyes and following the healthy habits when coughing and sneezing.
© 2021 Apex Press and Publishing. All Rights Reserved.