The Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) cases in Oman have touched 1,180 after the registration of 111 new ones on Saturday. Oman had reported 50 on Friday and 109 on Thursday, registering 270 cases in three days.
There have been six deaths from COVID-19 in Oman so far including two on Friday. In a statement, the Ministry of Health (MoH) said that of 111, 33 cases are of Omani nationals while 78 are expatriates. MoH stated that the total number of recoveries have reached 176.
Thermal device to examine visitors
The Royal Hospital has started using thermal examination device for visitors as part of its measures to protect public health. It is the first hospital in Oman to start using such a device.
Tonnes of supply at Mawaleh market
Muscat Municipality has said that 6,580 tonnes of vegetables and fruits have arrived at the central market in Mawaleh.
No fee for treatment
The Omani government has denied claims going viral on social media channels that it is charging fee to treat COVID-19 patients. In a statement on the official OmanVSCovid19 Twitter account, the government stated, ‘The information going viral on social media is not correct. We affirm that the examination and treatment (citizens and residents) and the costs of institutional isolation are free.’
Shopping centre shut down
Muscat Municipality has closed a major shopping centre in the wilayat of Seeb for violating the decisions of the Supreme Committee for dealing with COVID-19.
© 2021 Apex Press and Publishing. All Rights Reserved.