The Ministry of Health (MoH) has announced the registration of 111 new COVID-19 cases in the past 24 hours, raising the total number of confirmed cases in the country to 1180.
In total, there have been six deaths from COVID-19 in Oman so far. In a statement, MoH said, 33 cases are of Omani nationals while 78 are expatriates. MoH stated that the total number of recoveries have reached 176.
Dr Ahmed bin Mohammed al Saeedi, Minister of Health, said the Sultanate is expecting 500 cases a day during the peak of the coronavirus outbreak between April 23-30.
“During the peak of the COVID-19 outbreak, we expect 500 cases a day of which 150 likely to require intensive care. However, if we take extra care to contain this pandemic, we can minimise the numbers,” he said.
MOH calls upon all to adhere to the isolation procedures by staying in an isolated room attached to toilet, and serving the isolated person from outside the room as instructed. The Ministry also advises all citizens and residents to keep on washing hands with water and soap as well as avoiding touching the face, nose, mouth, and eyes and following the healthy habits when coughing and sneezing.