Ministry of Health has issued a set of dos and don’ts for domestic quarantine/isolation.
Isolated person should stay in a well-ventilated single-room with dedicated toilet.
• If another family member needs to stay in the same room (Not more than one person allowed), maintain a distance of at least 2m (e.g. sleep in a separate bed).
• Isolated person should restrict his/her movement within the house.
• Only assigned family members should attend and take care of the isolated person.
• Family member giving care should wear surgical mask when attending the isolated person, and should dispose it after use and wash hands using soap and water or disinfect with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
• Visitors are not allowed.
• Isolated person should strictly avoid social gathering e.g. wedding, condolences, and mosques etc. • Cover cough and sneeze with tissue or cough and sneeze on sleeves.
• Throw used tissues and immediately wash hands with soap and water or disinfect with alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
• Wash hand as often thoroughly with soap and water or with alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
• Avoid sharing household items e.g. dishes, drinking glasses, cups, eating utensils, towels, bedding, or other items with other people at home.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces in the isolated person room (e.g. bed frames, tables etc.) daily with regular household bleach solution.
• Clean and disinfect toilet surfaces daily with regular household bleach solution.
• Clean the clothes and other linen used by the person separately using common household detergent and dry.
• Avoid shaking the soiled linen or direct contact with skin.
• Use disposable gloves when cleaning the surfaces or handling soiled linen.
• Wash hands after removing gloves.
• The home isolation period is for 48 hours from the last day of symptoms.
• Isolated person should wear surgical mask if attended by medical team or visiting a health care facility.
Non adherence to isolation procedure is liable to prosecution according to Communicable Disease Law 73 /92
Contact Center Ministry Of Health : 24441999 •