A massive explosion struck near Damascus International Airport early on Thursday setting off large fires, a monitoring group said, without specifying the cause.
Iran and major powers met Tuesday in Vienna to review adherence to their 2015 nuclear deal as uncertainty grows about the landmark accord’s future under US President Donald Trump.
Iraqi forces on Tuesday launched a fresh push southwest of Mosul to retake the Hatra area, which includes a UN-listed World Heritage site, a statement said.
Turkish warplanes killed more than 20 Kurdish fighters Tuesday in strikes in Syria and Iraq, where the Kurds are key players in the battle against the Islamic State group.
A top Turkish court Tuesday rejected an opposition legal challenge to last-minute voting rule changes in the referendum over handing President Recep Tayyip Erdogan greater powers.
Kuwait's appeals court ruled Sunday that a government decision to raise petrol prices was in line with the constitution, overturning a decision by a lower court.
Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi received a royal welcome from King Salman as he landed Sunday in Saudi Arabia for a visit to boost ties after months of tension.
Hundreds of supporters of the 'No' campaign and Turkey's main opposition party protested in Istanbul on Sunday against the narrow victory in last week's vote on expanding President Recep Tayyip Erdogan's powers.
MOST POPULAR STORIES
- Muscat Municipality decision on new fines comes into effect from Tuesday
- Oman Air passengers to and from Muscat can take golf bags for free
- Oman among top five safest places in the world for tourists
- ROP news: Huge consignment of cigarettes, chewing tobacco seized at Buraimi border post
- Duqm to be hub for manufacturing solar equipment, high tech SUVs