Reading ability among children aged 9-10 has fallen in the US, Canada, France and several other developed countries, according to a comparative study of 50 countries published Tuesday.
November is the month of festivity and joy in Oman, as it marks the National Day of the Sultanate.
The seafront is lined with brightly coloured buildings boasting curved corners, stylish balconies and exotic motifs but this isn't Miami's famous Art Deco district -- it's Mumbai.
Indonesia was never on the top of my bucket list, but here is why it definitely must be on yours. I have realised that this is one of my favourite destinations that I will return to.
An Indian medical student was crowned Miss World at a glitzy event in a Chinese resort on Saturday, making her country the joint-most successful in the beauty pageant's history.
Fairies, brides in black and hand-knit dolls take the runway in Dubai this week for the fifth Arab Fashion Week, a five-day affair focussed on instantly available "ready couture" and pre-collections.
Nepal's musical heritage is enjoying a revival as young musicians fuse the sounds of traditional instruments once at risk of disappearing with lyrics that examine the modern challenges facing the country.
“The past is beautiful because one never realises an emotion at the time,” said Virginia Woolf famously.
MOST POPULAR STORIES
- 7 Champion trophies, 1 Gold and 1 Silver topper medal for Oman in a global abacus competition held in UAE
- Oman Air expands its fleet with new Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner
- First trial flight at new Muscat airport on December 23: H E Dr Ahmed al Futaisi
- Sayyid Fahd returns from GCC Summit
- Doctors warn against giving toys containing ‘microsize balls’ to young children