The awards ceremony was held on Monday at the Grand Hall of Sultan Qaboos University Cultural Centre.
ROP’s another project, National Registration System, won eService Award G2B. Other winners were Ministry of Civil Service, Ministry of Education, Ministry of Commerce and Industry in different categories. bank muscat's mBanking Appearance won the Best Public Mobile Service Award in the new category created for the private sector.
Organised by the Information Technology Authority (ITA), the event was held under the auspices of H E Mohammad al Zubair, advisor on economic planning affairs to His
Majesty Sultan Qaboos bin Said. Ali bin Masoud al Sunaidy, chairman of ITA, senior officials and representatives from different government institutions were also in attendance.
H E Zubair said, “It's a great honour that His Majesty the Sultan asked me to award the winners of Sultan Qaboos Award for Excellence in eGovernment. This award is a clear evidence of the technical and scientific development that the sultanate has witnessed and shows His Majesty the Sultan's keenness to support the new achievements.”
In his speech, Sir Tim Bernes-Lee, the inventor of the World Wide Web said, “I invented the World Wide Web in 1989, which was more than 20 years ago. For some of you, the younger ones, it seems that the World Wide Web was always there, but the fact is it's not always been there and it's not yet done.
“Whatever it is that you can imagine doing on the web, something in science, politics or health, you can make it happen.”
- eContent Award: ROP, Project: ePolice Automation System
- eReadiness Award: Ministry of Manpower
- eService Award G2G: Ministry of Civil Service, Project: Mawrid Human Resource Management System
- eService Award G2B: ROP, Project: National Registration System
- eService Award G2C: Ministry of Interior Municipal Council elections
- eService Award G2E: Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Project: Documents Archiving and Correspondence System
- eService Mobile Category Award: Ministry of Education: Oman Education Portal
- eProject Award: Public Establishment for Industrial Estates: Project Estate Management System
Two new private sector awards:
- Best eService Award: Port Services Corporation, Project: Customer User Interface
- Best Public Mobile Service Award: Bank Muscat mBanking Appearance
Two withheld awards:
- Best eEconomy Award: withheld as no submitted project complied with the award criteria
- Best eProject Award: withheld as on submitted project complied with the award criteria