Follow us on
muscatdaily socialmedia muscatdaily socialmedia muscatdaily socialmedia muscatdaily on tumblr muscatdaily on delicious

Man electrocuted in Muttrah hotel

Muscat - 

A 41 year old Bangladeshi expatriate was electrocuted at Mina Hotel in Muttrah while cleaning a wet neon sign on Tuesday. He has been identified as Nizam. “He had been living in Oman for many years and was a plumber in our hotel,” said a hotel staff requesting anonymity.

“We rushed to the floor above on hearing a loud sound and found him lying dead on the floor.” A Bangladesh Embassy official said that Nizam was electrocuted while cleaning a neon sign wet from the rain. It was learnt that Nizam resided in the hotel's staff quarters. He had recently returned from a visit to Comilla, a city in Bangladesh, to see his newborn baby.  An official at the Muttrah police station confirmed that the death was caused by an electric shock but gave no further details.

muscatdaily columnists