- 100% excise tax on tobacco, energy drinks from June
Dubbed as ‘sin tax’, the new excise tax to be imposed on selected goods and beverages seen to have a level of harm associated with their consumption, was first unveiled in Oman’s 2017 budget.
- Cargo operations at new Muscat airport from March 19
MoTC is working with Oman Air and all stakeholders to ensure that the transition is a smooth process.
- Two Omani student teams to take part in Shell Eco-marathon in Singapore
As part of the ‘Make the Future Festival’ held in Singapore, the sultanate will be participating in Shell Eco-marathon Asia.
- PACDA helps child free neck from cycle lock
The child was helped by a team from the Public Authority for Civil Defence and Ambulances (PACDA) to get the lock out.
- OCA holds ‘Hug a Bear’ event for 50 children
Various other activities like interaction with cartoon characters and face painting were also held to entertain the children.